Motera Stadium going to be renamed as NARENDRA MODI STADIUM
Yes… You heard it right. The new name for Motera Cricket Stadium is Narendra Modi Stadium..!
Daily Tactics Guru is going to discuss all the important facts and history of Motera Stadium, Gujrat.
People Also ask some below FAQs, We will give answers of All FAQs.
- History of Motera Stadium
- What are the dimensions of Motera Stadium?
- How much is the capacity of Motera Stadium?
- Who is the owner of the Narendra Modi stadium?
- Was Motera stadium previously known as Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel stadium?
- When is the inauguration of Motera Stadium?
- Which is the largest stadium in the world?
- Who built Narendra Modi Stadium?
- Is Motera Stadium the largest in the world?
- Which is the largest cricket stadium in the world?
- Where is Motera stadium located?
- When will the first match take place in Narendra Modi stadium?
Location of Narendra Modi Stadium
Narendra Modi Stadium is situated inside Sardar Patel Sports Enclave. Previously, it was known by the name, Motera Stadium.It is located in Ahmedabad city of Gujrat in India. The stadium is spread on the banks of Sabarmati River.
If you are planning to go to Gujarat, So there is another very famous place you must see called the Statue of Unity. Read Incredible Facts of the Statue of Unity.
History of Motera Cricket Stadium
The former structure of the cricket stadium was built in 1983 and was renovated in 2006. The stadium was demolished in 2015 but was completely rebuilt in 2020.
Formerly, the Narendra Modi Stadium was known as Gujrat Stadium. Later, the ground was renamed after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Mr. Narendra Modi proposed the idea of building a new structure of the stadium when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Dimension and Design of the Stadium
The new infrastructure of Motera Stadium occupies 63 acres of land. It has three entry points with a metro line at one of the entry points.
The field is covered in Australian grass with field size 180 yards x 150 yards.
The stadium has 76 corporate boxes, a room clubhouse, a large size swimming pool and four dressing rooms.
One amazing feature of the stadium is the LED lights on the roof installed on PTFE membrane. The antibacterial and fireproof canopy with LED covers a wide area of 30 metres. The roof is light weighted and earthquake resistant.
Motera stadium has several other features like an indoor cricket academy, a squash arena and courts for badminton and table tennis. The stadium also possesses a 3d projector theater.
It has 6 indoor practice pitches and 3 outdoor practice fields.
Total area of the stadium is equivalent to 32 Olympic sized football fields.
Narendra Modi Stadium is the only one stadium globally having 11 center pitches on the main ground.
Capacity of the Motera Stadium
Each corporate box can accommodate 25 people at a time. The clubhouse contains 55 rooms in it.
Parking lot of the stadium can accommodate 3,000 cars and 10,000 two wheelers at once.
Motera Stadium also has a huge ramp with a capacity of holding almost 60,000 people at a time.
Narendra Modi stadium is the largest cricket stadium in the world with a seating capacity of 110,000 spectators. It is also the second largest stadium in the world.
Owner of the Motera Stadium
Gujarat Cricket Association is the owner and operator of the stadium. It is the venue of several cricket matches like ODIs, T20s and test matches.
Inauguration of Motera Stadium
The stadium was built on 12 November 1983 but was rebuilt during 2017-2020. On 24th February 2020, the stadium was unofficially opened. And later, on 24th February it was officially inaugurated on 24th February 2021.
Cost of Construction of the stadium
The cost of construction of the stadium is estimated to be Rs 800 crore ( 110 million US$).
Architecture of the stadium
The former structure of the stadium was built by Mr Shashi Prabhu. New Structure is designed by Populous. The LED roof is designed by Walter P Moore. General contractors of the stadium are Larsen & Turbo.
Exciting Facts related to Narendra Modi Cricket Stadium
- Sunil Gavaskar completed a record of 10,000 runs in Test cricket in 1986-87 against Pakistan. This made him the highest run-scorer in test cricket.
- Kapil Dev scalped his 432nd wicket in test cricket in February 1994. He became the highest wicketkeeper in test cricket surpassing Sir Richard Hadlee’s record.
- On 8th Feb 1994, Sagi Lakshmi Venkatapathy Raju took 11 wickets against Sri Lanka.
- In October 1999, Sachin Tendulkar scored his first double century in a test match against New Zealand.
- AB de Villiers scored a double-ton against India in 2008 during the second test of South Africa’s tour to India.
- In the 2011, ICC World Cup, Team India defeated Australia in the quarterfinals making it a huge win.
- Sachin Tendulkar became the first-ever cricketer to score 18,000 runs in one day cricket in a match against Australia during 2011 Cricket World Cup.
- Sachin Tendulkar became the first batsman to score 30,000 runs in international cricket in 2013 at the Narendra Modi Stadium.
- On 24th February 2020, the Narendra Modi Stadium hosted “Namaste Trump”, the inaugural visit of US President Mr. Donald Trump.
- A Day Night Test Match Played on 24 February 2021 between India vs England marked the inauguration of Narendra Modi Stadium.
I hope you enjoyed reading. If you liked the article, kindly share it with your friends and family. Do not forget to comment your opinion. We would feel highly obliged for your feedback.
Stay safe and Stay happy!