Free USB driver updates for windows 10- 1 time, best driver updater software- 1 time
Drivers are an integral part of a computer which helps in establishing a connection between hardware. If you have an outdated or incompatible set of drivers then you might face issues while connecting any hardware. You need to always keep your USB drivers updated to establish a better connection even with the latest device you connect to.
If you are facing trouble while connecting any USB hardware then it might be the case that your drivers are not compatible or are outdated. To help you with this issue we have listed some of the easiest methods which you can use to update your drivers. You can choose the method which you like and suits your requirements.
Methods to Update USB Drivers
Here we have listed the two easiest methods to update drivers.
Manual Method for Driver Update
In the manual process, you need to manually find the faulty drivers from the system and then download them. If you have not updated the driver in the past then you can face an issue with the process as you might end up downloading the wrong drivers. We would suggest you to skip this method if you are doing it for the first time.
There are many sub-methods under manually updating the drivers. You can either use the device manager to update or you can even download the driver from the manufacturer’s website too. We have listed the steps for both methods. To start with free USB driver updates for Windows 10 and older versions follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to open the device manager and identify the outdated or incompatible drivers in the system.
- From the list of drivers either right-click on the driver and select the option of updating drivers.
- If you wish to use another method then you can copy the name of the driver.
- After you have copied the name, open the browser and visit the manufacturer’s website.
- On the website paste the driver name and download the driver.
- Now you install the drivers manually.
That’s how you can easily install and update the drivers manually without using any software.
Using Software for Driver Update
If you wish to have the simplest method to update the drivers, then you should use this method. You can easily update the driver with just a few clicks and in no time. There are many driver updater software available on the internet out of which you can choose the best driver updater software which meets your requirement.
While choosing the software you should check the offerings of the software as there is much software that offers many other features other than just updating the drivers. You can even choose the software on the basis of their pricing.
Be sure when choosing the software as we don’t want our viewers to end up taking useless software.
Below we have mentioned some of the steps which you can follow using the software. These steps are general and can be applied with your software too.
- Open the driver updater software which you have installed.
- Now, on the home screen, press the scan button. (the software will run a scan in the device to check for all the faulty drivers.)
- After the scan is completed, you can observe a list of faulty drivers (if any).
- From the list, you can either manually select the drivers which you want to update or you can even assign the software to update all the faulty drivers.
- The software will now update the drivers automatically from authentic websites.
This is how you can easily use driver updater software to update all your faulty/ outdated drivers easily. You might have to follow some more steps if the software has a different procedure. For most of the software, the procedure is the same and the above steps can be applied.
Conclusion: Effective Approaches to Update USB Drivers for Windows 10
By reading the above-mentioned methods you must have got an idea of how you can update the drivers and how you can find the faulty ones. It is always advised to keep your drivers updated, if you wish to have a smooth and uninterrupted connection, then having the drivers updated is a must. You can choose whether you wish to take the manual method or the automatic method.
In our view, the automatic method is the best as you can easily update drivers without wasting time. The only thing which you should keep in mind while installing the software is to do research before you install it. The steps are mentioned to help you with the procedure, we do not guarantee the same procedure with every software.