Tips to Enhance the Feeling of Happiness
Happiness can be simply defined as the state of mind which is feeling content or pleasure. It is a state of mind that is very contagious. It can be easily passed on from one person to the other. Happiness is more of a freely flowing, an adaptable state which is not rigidly attached to a personality or a person. Nor it is permanent by its nature. But happiness is more stable than other feelings like ecstasy, joy, etc.
Daily Tactics Guru explains Happiness as the complete well being of the mind, the body, and the heart.
There may be many purposes and reasons for being happy for different people. But here, Daily Tactics Guru is going to discuss, the tips to enhance Self Happiness.
Happiness is not out there, it’s in you.
Everybody is searching for happiness from one or the other sources these days. People are trying different methods, undergoing different therapies to achieve a complete sense of happiness. But why? What is the purpose of seeking this happiness outside when you can find it in yourself? Self Happiness is the feeling of satisfaction with self. Once the person himself or herself is satisfied and confident about self. Then only, he or she would be able to make others happy or content.
The lack of self-confidence or self-esteem or self-love results in the partial or complete absence of happiness in one’s life. And then the situation may arise that due to this deficiency of positive emotion of happiness in self, he or she may not be able to deal with other emotions properly as well. Or the social life of the person can also get affected. This emotional breakdown can affect the other important aspects of life too.
So, our purpose should be to first serve our mind and soul with happiness and satisfaction. Then only one can serve others better.
There are various methods by which one can reach the state of self Happiness like yoga, meditation, psychological therapies.
Daily Tactics Guru is going to explain a very effective method to enhance the feeling of Happiness.
There are certain chemicals, our body secrets which give the sensation of feeling happy or pleased. Daily Tactics Guru is going to tell you about those happiness chemicals.
The Reward chemical
It is a hormone and a neurotransmitter. Dopamine plays a very significant role in our body and brain. It is the motivational component of the pathway for reward-motivated behavior. Dopamine is considered as the chemical for pleasure. And it also confers goal-oriented motivational salience.
Some activities to enhance the secretion of this hormone are:
- Completing a given task in an organized manner in a given time.
- Doing the self-care activities like brushing teeth, bathing, getting dressed. Activities like this enhance self-confidence and make you feel good.
- Eating food on time. Never skip meals. Have in-between snacks. Consuming food with positive essence produces positive vibrance in your body.
- Celebrate little wins with family and friends. Sharing increases one’s motivation.
The love Hormone
Oxytocin is a neuropeptide produced in the hypothalamus and secreted by the Master of the Endocrine glands, the Pituitary gland. It plays a significant role in social bonding among the people. The most notable example for this is the bond between a mother and the child. Oxytocin is mainly responsible for the rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the uterine muscles during the birth of a child. But it is also responsible for the feeling of love for our loved ones.
Some activities to increase the Oxytocin secretion in body are:
- Spending time with loved ones. Going for picnics and trips with your family or friends.
- Playing with you pets. The dog is considered as the most loving animal in this case. But other pets are also as loving as a dog.
- Hugging plays a very crucial role in the production of Oxytocin. Hug your loved ones more often.
- Holding hands with your partner or spending quality time with your parents also adds up.
- Giving compliments to people for their little efforts can also in turn enhance your mood.
The Mood Stabilizer
Serotonin is a monoamine neurotransmitter. It plays a very versatile role in the body. It is responsible for various functions related to learning, memory, cognitive development, and numerous physiological processes. One of the most efficient function of Serotonin is the modulation of mood. Sleep and appetite regulation are also included in the functions performed by Serotonin.
Some of the activities which can improve the secretion of Serotonin in the body are:
- Morning walks and running increases the production of Serotonin.
- Meditation and yoga, breathing exercises, and slight physical exercise are also proven to be helpful.
- Sports, especially Cycling and Swimming are considered one of the best methods to make you feel happier.
- Exposing your body to sun rays once in a while, also stabilizes the mood. ( That is why summer is my favorite season!)
The Pain Killer
Endorphins are opioids neuropeptides secreted by Pituitary gland and stored there itself. The main function of Endorphin is to create obstacles in the transfer of pain signals. It plays a major role in the inhibition response of the Body and brain to pain. The feeling of Euphoria is also produced by this Hormone. Endorphins are very helpful in the treatment of depression and anxiety.
Some of the activities which can be useful to increase the levels of Endorphin in the body are:
- Laughing more often or the laughter exercise can elevate the levels of Endorphin in the body.
- Various types of aerobic exercise and a little dance and music can trigger the secretion of Endorphin.
- Watching funny plays or a comedy movie, sharing, or doing fun activities with people also comes out to be crucial in the vigorous production of endorphins.
- Eating dark chocolates, walnuts, and taking some essential oils in the diet also plays an important role in its release.
Other sources which can create true personal Happiness are:
- Listen to your heart
- Proper Physical health
- Supportive Family
- Good Social relationships
- Progressive Professional life
- Positive Environment
And in the end, I would like to suggest that everyone deserves to be happy. Work on yourself and put in some efforts to boost up your confidence, your self-esteem. It is only you who can create a loving environment around, for you and everybody else. Be who you are and work for what you desire.
Keep smiling until you have your teeth!!!