I’m so totally in Summer mode at the moment! Especially after the weekend- we had great weather for the whole trip up through the Burren and up the coast towards Galway. I was blown away by some of the scenery, but less so by the food on offer. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to look up any great places to eat, so we ended up eating dinner at a pub in Doolin, mainly due to most of the restaurants being fully booked. I was hoping for some really solid pub grub, but unfortunately, the seafood platter was less than impressive and the sides for all the mains were soggy coleslaw! There were two guide recommended restaurants in the village, so next time I’ll be sure to book ahead!
- Tasty Planner- One of the best sites I’ve come across which features a meal planner. You can drag and drop recipes into a meal planner which in turn adds the ingredients to a shopping list. Very handy!
- Cake Wrecks- This is not for the faint-hearted, basically a blog full of weird and freaky cakes, say goodbye to your afternoon!
- Food Blogger Deals with Legal Issues- A really interesting post about recipe rights and copyright issues- well worth a read for bloggers.
- Messy Chef- A brand new Irish Food blogger! Check it out!
Today’s recipe involves no cooking and is all prep, it’s a zingin’ little salsa to go with tortilla chips, for quick munching!
Adjust the quantity of ingredients to your own taste, use less Tabasco sauce if you want a milder mix.
Easy Steps to Make Avocado, Lime and Tabasco Salsa
- 1 Ripe Avocado.
- The Juice of one lime.
- 1 Tsp of Tabasco Sauce.
- 1/2 a Red Onion.
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- A Good pinch of Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper.
Cut the avocado lengthways, and remove the stone. Scoop out the green flesh and chop finely, but don’t worry too much, it all turns a bit mushy when you add the rest of the ingredients. Add to a small bowl. Chop the red onion finely and add to the Avocado. Mix the rest of the ingredients with the onion and avocado to your desired consistency, and that’s it! Enjoy!