Daily Tactics Guru sharing a few of our favorite recipes featuring one of our favorite foods: spinach. Rich in vitamins and minerals (not to mention super tasty), spinach has so many nutritional and health benefits that make this “edible plant” a must in your diet. If you want to eat better this year, here are 2 spinach recipes that will jump to start your way to a healthier diet.
- breakfast sausage- 1 lb
- sliced mushrooms- 1 pint
- baby spinach- 1 8oz. pre-cut ready to eat a bag
- eggs- 1 dozen, scrambled, or 1 large carton of Egg Beaters
- shredded mozzarella cheese- 2 cups
- Roma tomatoes- 2, sliced
- dried parsley for garnish
- In a paella pan or any large skillet that can be transferred to the oven, cook sausage until slightly brown
- Add mushrooms and spinach to saute with sausage until mushrooms and spinach are tender and sausage is completely brown
- Add cheese
- Pour beaten eggs over the top
- Lay sliced tomatoes on top of the egg
- Sprinkle with dried parsley
- Heat oven to Broil
- Let the egg cook until it begins to set; the sides will begin to firm, approximately 6 minutes
- Transfer to oven and Broil until top begins to brown and egg is cooked thoroughly approximately 14 minutes
- Slice like pizza to serve
Sauteed Spinach with Cranberries and Pine Nuts
- fresh baby spinach lettuce- 2 16oz. pre-cut ready-to-eat bags
- dried cranberries like Ocean Spray Craisins- 1 5oz. bag or 1 cup
- pine nuts- 1 2-4oz. bag
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add spinach, cranberries, and pine nuts and saute until spinach is completely reduced approximately 4 minutes
- season with salt & pepper to taste
- Make this recipe right before serving.
if you enjoyed the recipes, kindly share it with your friends and family. Share your opinions with us through comments. We would feel highly obliged for your feedback.
Do not forget to read other articles on Daily Tactics Guru.